Pages

Friday 10 January 2014

Does one lie lead to many or does one lie lead to reality?

Throughout my life, I've encountered very strange experiences with lying. I m a glib liar where words just roll out of my tongue, as if it were almost true. It has never been hard for me to convince people with my cock and bull stories. But I find myself struggling to convince myself that my lie...is actually a LIE!
My idea of a great escape is a runaway from the current place. Maybe to a peaceful place, with my cell switched off so I'm out of reach. I always imagine spending time with myself in a beautiful isolated cottage house with a television and a huge stock of books. And my desperation for the great escape has caught me into tight social situations.With the advent of the summer vacations, my friends started making plans to get out. They wanted hit the theatre and catch up on the latest movies.."We are going for the Great Gatsby tonight, you've gotta come!"
OOOPS! Explaining my need to be alone is just going to make me look even more geeky and lame. As it is, I've already avoided them the last month to focus on my examinations. Should I feign sickness again this time? That would be obvious. 
Instead, I could put one of my greatest skills to use now.Painting out a situation that looked almost real. That was never a problem for me. 
"Oh I'd love to, it's just that I've signed up for a research project here in campus and I think Sir has announced a meeting for us today. You go ahead, I'll definitely catch up with you the next weekend" And there, it ends. The trouble. 
On my way back my mind constantly kept pondering over why those words rolled out. A research project.Nice. On reaching the room I dropped my books and left. I locked my room door, took my keys with me and ran to the staff room. Brimming with enthusiasm, I scream "I'm here Sir, hope I'm not late..."
A bald headed robust figure shot a strange look at me and asked "Here for what?"
My eyebrows raised" The research project?" 
"The project was over last year my dear.You look lost. How may I help you?"
I soon realized I had been thinking about the lie so much that it implicitly got added into my mental schedule. I blushed with embarrassment,apologized and left the room, 
Lying is just crazy. Or am I the one crazy?



No comments:

Post a Comment